My Morning Routine : Pumping positivity early morning and tips to maintain high energy level all day

Good morning.
How many of us wake up and jump out of bed with full energy and have the same momentum throughout the morning ? Well certainly not me!! I can never wake up without feeling sluggish and hate the first 5 minutes of my day. Having a baby made it even worse, I would have barely slept the night and waking up at 6 was definitely a No!

Even though it hasn't changed much ,I have pretty much eased my mornings and curse a little less these days.
I will tell you how I changed and incorporated a few things in my lazy lifestyle. Note that I probably achieved this in a span of two years and not overnight, so if you can't adopt a small lifestyle change today, try again tomorrow, try without giving up and someday it will be a part of your routine.

It all started with me seeing a video of some military person's speech on why he makes his bed everyday. It's a good video, if you haven't watched it , please do:




Anyways I never realized how the smallest thing you do will impact you so much.
The key lies in your energy level. When you sleep your body goes into slumber mode and requires very little energy. Once you wake up, your body needs a few minutes to adjust, probably to get more blood flow to cells and get every organ to wake up ( lol that's how a person without knowledge of your body function will talk). Anyways once I wake up, I let myself gaze out thinking nothing and simply curl my toes in and out. A few seconds, I feel my senses awakening.





After this I usually just stretch and get up. Most of the days, my alarm clock is my baby, so I will have to attend to her first, but for others, you can simply sit on your bed with folded legs and let your thoughts collect. Not worrying thoughts, but good positive thoughts like what activities you need to do today, places to go or encouraging your children with some new technique etc. Good thoughts will always release fresh energy like caffeine.
Once I'm out from the bed I always first go to the loo . Even after washing up I'm still drowsy. Most days i used to then enter the kitchen and  well , my mother in law is already there and she makes this expression everyday to make me feel dejected. Like today she got instantly irritated that I was slow to cut the pumpkin that she pulled her knife out..lol.. and did the chopping herself, well I yawned and walked out. Sorry mummyji, but I'm not going to let you pull me down.  So now I don't look at her first thing in the morning, instead I make my bed. Before I leave the room, I fold the blankets and clear the soiled diapers and wipes . Clean bed is a good sight to start the day with.

I have this strange problem that once I brush my teeth, I immediately start feeling hungry. How many of you have this problem? I need to at least have coffee or something like a cereal.



If I don't have it and wait till Breakfast ,  I usually end up with headache and acidity.

My Coffee ๐Ÿ’ƒ

My perfect day would be to lovingly make a strong cup of coffee in my big mug , stand on the balcony and gaze out looking beyond the chawls into the blue silhouette of the adjoining mountains that surround Mumbai. But then again I'm sorry, but being a mom, those are luxuries and so i usually just prop the coffee on the table and get about doing chores.
I will be helping out in the kitchen, but Im  usually given sous- chef jobs like washing the vessels,making dosas etc because they fear I'll spoil their weird curries ( it's nothing like anything you have eaten). After hopping in and out of the kitchen, I get both the kids and oil them for their baths.  The older hates her bath so it's a tiring ordeal ,younger one jumps and so that is physically draining. I drench up bathing them, so I too bath in the morning. This excercise might sound tough but it has been such a help to me, I'm done with a daily chore that would have otherwise be delayed into later parts of the day. But for a working person, we really don't have the luxury of delaying chores.
So my next life style change was do Not delay anything. Adopt Kabirs dohe:๐Ÿงš๐Ÿง”

" เค•ाเคฒ เค•เคฐे เคธो เค†เคœ เค•เคฐ, เค†เคœ เค•เคฐे เคธो เค…เคฌ । เคชเคฒ เคฎें เคช्เคฐเคฒเคฏ เคนोเคเค—ी,เคฌเคนुเคฐि เค•เคฐेเค—ा เค•เคฌ ॥  "

Which means what you need to do tomorrow, do it today, and what you need to do today, do it NOW!  . This is very tough to incorporate, and I must confess I'm still not very successful in this. I keep putting things for later and end up not doing it at the end of the day.๐Ÿ™‡
But by bathing (all three of us) early in the morning, I not only finish a whole lot of chores, but also refresh and reenergize myself which is a good thing

Then comes the next big thing, breakfast:


I believe in eating like a king all three times of the day, probably because I'm a foodie but it works, if you eat well, it increases the energy level in a generic manner as in i feel less tired through the day . This change was one of the first lifestyle changes I Incorporated and probably did it in my early 20s . Before I never had breakfast especially during teens as I had to go-to school early in the morning and feared I'd get stomach ache if I eat food or drink milk . Due to this ,I used to feel very hungry and would end up overeating lunch which left me very sleepy and sluggish. After school, when other kids played or did homework, I'd be sleeping.
After making this change, as in after I started eating in time and all three times, I feel same all through the day and don't sleep in the afternoon.

Hence to summarize, to introduce a positive start to the day:
1. Wake up early in the morning
2. Relax the first few minutes after waking up and stretch.
3. Collect positive thoughts and offer a small prayer.
4. Make your bed yourself.
5. Have some drink or light oatmeal or cereal and don't wait till Breakfast.
6. Bath and finish most of your domestic chores early in the morning and relax a bit before leaving for work.
7. Have breakfast everyday and eat like a king.
8. Eat your meals at fixed times and don't skip your meals.

Once your energy levels are in place, you start feeling less tired and this indirectly improves your mood and make you happier.

Thanks for reading.




Comments

Popular Posts